Link to the podcast
I had the opportunity to speak with Chad Bostic of Hello Tech Pros last week and join him on his podcast and share my story. Chad has a number of interesting topics covered each week, including entrepreneurship, motivation, and productivity, but what I like most is that he gets the human element behind all of these things.
He is always looking for new guests as well, so submit your story here.
- Sometimes you have to take a job, ANY job, to pay the bills
- If you are getting deeper in debt, evaluate the situation and look for alternatives
- Facebook (AKA: “Fakebook”) shows the highlight reel of friends and family, only their best moments
- You have to invest in yourself, even if you are already in debt
- A missed opportunity is gone forever, but if you take it, it may change your life
- Keep an optimistic mindset on everything you do
- When getting into a new industry, take a pen and paper and listen more than you talk
- Business cards are not dead – they are critical for networking
- Create a simple website to start marketing yourself
- Network and learn – talk to as many people as possible
- Find out what you are passionate about and figure out how you can make money at it
- Look at other people in the industry – how do they get paid?
- People do care what you think – put your thoughts out in the universe
- Indecision IS a decision, but ANY OTHER decision is better
- Make something, anything and get started today