I’m giving a series of talks this month around Philly, so I wanted to share them with you.
Philly Game Work
Date: Thursday Oct 15th, 5:30 – 8pm
Location: Microsoft, Malvern PA
And of course, being the web, this means there are great libraries you can use. In this presentation we’ll get started with BabylonJs. This presentation will prepare you for upcoming labs where we all build games for the web together.
Intro to venture capital and MIcrosoft Ventures
Date: Tues Oct. 14th, 5-8pm
Wachman Hall 2nd Floor Student Lounge
1805 N. Broad St
Philadelphia, PA 19122
This high level overview will cover what venture capital is, how to raise it, and the benefits that Microsoft Ventures can offer startups. You can find my slide deck here.
An Intro to Game Dev (6 courses), Girl Develop It
• October 7: Intro to Game Development
• October 14: Hands-on with Touch Develop (I’ll be teaching this)
• October 21: Developing your First Game (I’ll be teaching this)
• October 28: Tools for Game Graphics Development
• November 4: Game Publishing, Revenue, Gamification, and Marketing
• November 11: Demo Night and Q&A
First Round Capital
4040 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA (edit map)
This class will run for 6 consecutive Tuesdays from October 7 to November 11. The class price is for the full series and attending each session is highly recommended.